Getting Started To Search Engine Optimization (SEO) For Google Website

0 Replies, 1 Views

Are you on Google?

Determine whether your site is in Google's index.

Do a site check: search for your site's home URL. If you see results, you're in the index. 

For example, a search for site:loadednaija.com.ng returns these results.

If your site isn't in Google

Although Google crawls billions of pages, it's inevitable that some sites will be missed. 

When our crawlers miss a site, it's frequently for one of the following reasons:
  • The site isn't well connected from other sites on the web
  • You've just launched a new site and Google hasn't had time to crawl it yet
  • The design of the site makes it difficult for Google to crawl its content effectively
  • Google received an error when trying to crawl your site
  • Your policy blocks Google from crawling the site

How do I get my site on Google?

Google is a fully automated search engine that uses web crawlers to explore the web constantly, looking for sites to add to our index; you usually don't even need to do anything except post your site on the web. 

In fact, the vast majority of sites listed in our results aren't manually submitted for inclusion, but found and added automatically when we crawl the web. 

The Search Essentials outline the most important elements of building a Google-friendly website. While there's no guarantee that our crawlers will find a particular site, following the Search Essentials can help make your site appear in our search results.

Google Search Console provides tools to help you submit your content to Google and monitor how you're doing in Google Search. If you want, Search Console can even send you alerts on critical issues that Google encounters with your site. 

[To see links please register here]

Here are a few basic questions to ask yourself about your website when you get started.
  • Is my website showing up on Google?
  • Do I serve high-quality content to users?
  • Is my local business showing up on Google?
  • Is my content fast and easy to access on all devices?
  • Is my website secure?

READ MORE HERE

What do you think about this post? Wink

We want to hear from you all. Heart