In a long-distance relationship, here are some tips on how to be romantic
Romance is one of the most difficult aspects of a long-distance relationship to maintain, but it should not be overlooked. Months might pass before they see each other again. You might become so engrossed in your own life that you lose sight of the other person. This is natural at times, but if you feel like you’ve lost touch with the romance in your long-distance relationship, check out this list of methods to keep the romance alive. Long-distance relationships are difficult, but as the saying goes, “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Keep it in mind and keep going.
1. Video chat with each other. Skype or video call each other to see your partner face to face. You will know interacting with your partner over some texts is way different as and when you video call and observe each other.
2. Send morning text messages. Kick start your mornings by sending your sweetheart a sweet morning text. And thereby, end your day by sending a good night text to him/her. It is sure to brighten up your lover’s day to the core and make him/her fall for you every day.
3. Send photo texts of your day. In today’s world, it is easy to communicate all day if you wish. Try to remind your lover you are thinking about him or her by sending an occasional photo text of something you are doing. I am pretty big into food photography, so he would send me pictures of his meals if he had the opportunity to eat somewhere fancy. He even did a whole blog post for me about food he ate on the road. If that isn’t love, I’m not sure what is.
4. Pay attention to phone calls. There is a tendency when you are dating long distance to want to spend as much time on the phone together as possible. Since there are many things to be done around the home, we might also be doing the laundry or dishes or glancing at the television. What is better: a short amount of quality time or a long period filled with distractions where neither party is paying attention to one another? Try just planting it on a chair and giving him/her your undivided attention. You would be surprised at the difference it makes.
5. Try to communicate regularly, and creatively. Greet each other “good morning” and “good night” every day, this is a must. On top of that, try to update your partner on your life and its happenings, however mundane some of the things may seem.
To up the game, send each other pictures, audio clips, and short videos from time to time. By putting in this kind of effort, you make the other person feel loved and attended to.
6. Makeup pet names for each other. Because it’s adorable. It maintains a romantic atmosphere.
7. Make every moment count Because you won’t be having the same time that other couples have with their significant others, you have to always look for ways to enjoy every second spent together… every meeting, every moment… you have to make it count.
8. Making a promise to be around and failing to fulfill such a promise will add extra tension to a relationship that is being stretched already, and you don’t need that.
9. While couples who see each other every day need to put in the effort, be trusting, considerate, and patient with their partner, being in a long-distance relationship requires you to put in extra effort, be extra-trusting, extra-caring, extra-understanding, and a lot more patient with your partner.
10. Start a countdown for your reunion. There isn’t anything much sweeter than having a constant reminder of when you’ll finally be back together. Download a countdown app for free, and you can customize everything about it, including having the countdown on your home screen.
11. Challenge yourself to put your feelings into words and write a poem for your long-distance love. When you’ve finished it, send it in the mail or read it aloud on any social media platform via video call.
12. It’s okay to admit to each other that you’re struggling with the distance between you. Long-distance relationships are no walk in the park, so it’s important to connect and be truthful about how you’re feeling, even when it’s negative. Sharing these difficult emotions will only benefit both of you in the long run and chances are you’re both feeling the same way.
13. Arrange video dates. In this modern era, dates can now be done online so take advantage of it! Arrange as many video dates as possible. See as much as your partner’s face as possible and show him or her that a phone call or text message is not enough to ease your longing. Chat with each other or even bring each other to cafes or restaurants. With the internet now available on mobile phones, you can talk to your partner while working, traveling, or eating outside. Just be careful and wary of your surroundings though.
14. Be faithful no matter what. Lastly, be faithful to your partner no matter what happens. Self-discipline is the core to being faithful, because if you know how to discipline yourself then you will be able to control yourself and avoid unwanted situations. People are only humans but one should be reminded that infidelity is a choice. It is up to you whether you do it or not but if you truly love and respect your partner, nothing and no one in the whole world will ever change that.